Play With Purpose
THE ACTIVE PLAY MISSION
Active Play was founded with the mission to keep our youth active in a constantly evolving world. Research shows that play with adults and peers is a way to promote the social, emotional, cognitive, language, and self-regulation skills that develop a growing child's brain. Play supports the formation of the safe, stable, and nurturing relationships with others that children need to thrive.
Social skills learned in active play enable children to listen to directions, pay attention, solve disputes with words, and focus on tasks without constant supervision. Our coaches are trained to support positive growth and development through team play and activities, or, active play.
Collaboration, negotiation, conflict resolution, self-advocacy, decision-making, a sense of agency, creativity, leadership, and increased physical activity are just some of the skills and benefits children gain through play.
“The Power of Play - How Fun and Games Help Children Thrive.” The American Academy of Pediatrics. http://www.HealthyChildren.org
JOIN THE ACTIVE PLAY HOCKEY LEAGUE
FALL '21: REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Join us this fall for the ACTIVE PLAY Street Hockey League!
The ACTIVE PLAY Hockey League is a co-ed street hockey league for youth players. Teams will face-off against one another in an 8-game season to determine seeding for an end of season tournament (one day event). Players will get to participate in one practice of there choosing per week.
- For Ages 5-12, for all experience and skill levels!
- League will be made up of 4- divisions
- Sign up for a division which are recommended* by age groups. (5yrs-6yrs, 7yrs-8yrs, 9yrs-10yrs, 11yrs-12yrs).
- Each team consists of 9-rosters spots
- Games will be played 4v4 with goalies to make it 5 on the court at a time.
- Games will be held on the weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) played between 10pm-3pm depending on your team division and schedule
- Games are 50 minutes long consisting of a 5 minute warm up, two 20 minute halves plus a 5 minute halftime.
- Fall Season Game Day Weekends : Sept 18th - Nov 6*
- Games will be held in Bethesda MD and Arlington VA
- All players will get a chance to come to one practice a week Tuesday - Thursday. Times and location of the practice will be made available closer to the start of the season
Please click the button below to register. Once we reach capacity the league will be closed for sign ups. Please remember that SPACE IS LIMITED!
AFTER SCHOOL PLAY
SPORTS & PLAY
ACTIVE PLAY SUMMER CAMP
Summer '21: REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Active Play is hosting an "In-Person" summer camp this summer with respect to the CDC and MD Covid-19 guidelines.
Campers will play in groups, rotating stations after 40 minutes of each activity.
Station activities will include: Tennis, Hockey, Basketball, Water Games (water squirters!), Wiffleball, Arts/Crafts, Flag Football, Sewing, Fencing, Laser Tag, Archery, Cooking, Bike Riding, Fishing, and Capture the flag, tug-of-war, Hand ball, Chalk Drawings, Water Ballons, Kickball, and other Active Play activities.
Dates: June 14 - Aug 27
For Ages: 3-13
Half Day and Full Day camp available.
Please use the form to register for the Active Play 2021 Summer Camp below.